Tuesday 26 October 2010

Hudini the boa constrictor


One September morning, Stefan and our field guide Adauto took our guest Amanda for a brief safari walk, as she was flying out later that morning . Leaving the lodge building compound area, Adauto who has an amazing eye to spot wildlife, spotted a Boa Constrictor that was partially hidden under some leaves and enjoying the early morning sun rays. Stefan kindly came over to the main building to let me know so I could view this beautiful animal and take some pictures. As I walked over Stefan pointed where the boa was laying and I could not see it even thinking Stefan was taking me on. However, once I perceived its amazing camouflage the creature materialized in its full glory. Stefan had his macro lens and wanted a more intimate "eye to eye" image so totally disregarding the local tick inhabitants he mad him self comfortable on the floor as Amanda looked on
Eventually our friend made its way to a standing tree where it disappeared in what seemed like a cavity under the roots. Or was it still there well camouflaged and I could not see it?

No comments: